CMS Submits the OASIS C1/ICD-9 to OMB
August 29, 2014 05:08 PM
The Centers for Medicare &Medicaid Services (CMS) has submitted the Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) C1/ICD- 9 version to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for emergency approval and is seeking public comments on the data set. Since the OASIS-C 1 has already received OMB approval this submission addresses only the changes to the OASIS instrument related to the delay in ICD-10 implementation.
Due to the urgency for approval of the OASIS C1/ICD-9, comments will be accepted only through September 12, 2014. When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number (OCN). Comments and recommendations may be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov.
Follow the instructions for ‘‘Comment or Submission’’ or ‘‘More Search Options’’ to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address:
CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development,
Control Number 0938–0760
7500 Security Boulevard
Baltimore, Maryland 21244–1850
Copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection may be obtained in the following ways:
1. Access CMS’ Web site here.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to: Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786–1326.
In addition, the OASIS C1/ICD-9 instrumental along with a table outlining the changes can be found here. To view the Federal Register notice announcing the submission to OMB of the OASIS C1/ICD-9 click here.