Contact Home Care University to:
- Register for the CHCE Examination after you have received an approval letter from Home Care University
- Answer any questions about your application
- Obtain more information about eligibility
Home Care University
228 Seventh Street SE
Washington, DC 20003
Phone: (202) 547-7424
Fax: (202) 547-3540
- Pay certification fee
- Cancel registration or clarify registration information call 1-800-295-5783
Contact Thomson/Prometric Technology Centers to:
- Make an examination reservation after you receive authorization letter from Edgia
- Change or cancel an examination reservation date by calling 1-800-715-8345 TDD 1-800-529-3590
Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf
Prometric is equipped with Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf (TDD) to assist deaf and hearing-impaired candidates. TDD calling is available during Prometric phone reservation hours (listed below) through a special toll-free number (800) 529-3590. This TDD phone option is for the express use by individuals equipped with compatible machinery.
Prometric phone reservation lines are open Monda through Friday, 8:00 AM-8:00 PM (Eastern Time), Saturday, 8:00 AM-4:00PM (Eastern Time). Call volume is lower after 3:00 PM Monday through Friday. The Prometric Customer Service Representative (CSR) will inform you of the test center locations in your area when you call to make an appointment.
- Have a pencil or pen available to record any additional information.
- Have your authorization letter and number ready.
- Have a list of prepared questions.
- Have this handbook available for reference and clarification.
- Record the name of the Prometric representative with whom you speak.
- Write down the confirmation number and appointment information you receive from the Prometric representative.
- Repeat it before you hang up.