NAHC Report, a daily e-newsletter, offers the latest information on legislation, regulations, litigation, and general news affecting home care and hospice. NAHC members receive a electronic version sent to them in their e-mail, with access to the full text of each article on NAHC's web site.
CARING magazine, NAHC's award-winning monthly, presents in-depth reviews of the latest home care and hospice trends, technology, and issues.
- NAHC's Member Network ListServ (Provider Members Only), an online forum for providers monitored by NAHC's experts, gives you instant access to over 1,500 colleagues from across the country. Giving NAHC members a quick and easy method to communicate with each other, just ask a question and receive advice from others in the field.
NAHC Publications and Resources, including manuals, videos, handbooks, public relations materials, and novelties, are designed to assist you in your daily activities. All publications and resources are created by experts with the mission of providing you with the information you need in a easy-to-use format.
NAHC assists its members by arranging discounts and group purchasing agreements for products and services every agency uses on a daily basis. Some members recoup the cost of their NAHC membership just from the following savings:
- Eli's Home Care Week: NAHC members can subscribe at the lowest rates ever offered for Eli's Home Care Week. NAHC members who also belong to their state association will be further entitled to a double discount. NAHC members can subscribe to Eli's for just $229 if you do not already receive the publication.
- Home Health Aide Digest: Home Health Aide Digest is dedicated to nurturing the occupational and personal growth of home health and hospice aides and to increasing the recognition and prestige of their profession. As a special offer to NAHC members, all first-time subscribers to the Home Health Aide Digest will receive the post-test free for one year for all orders regardless of the quantity ordered. Normally, subscribers need to order 10 or more subscriptions to receive the free post-test. This represents a $60 savings for NAHC members.
- NAHC Publications: NAHC is always striving to ease the daily burdens of home care providers and hospices. One way NAHC provides assistance is through our extensive list of resources - publications, manuals, and videos, to name a few. All publications and resources are created by home care and hospice experts with the mission of providing you with the information you need in an easy-to-use format. NAHC's resources provide the latest information, trends, and developments, with all items designed to keep your staff on the cutting edge. Subject areas covered include administrative and financial, Medicare, clinical, hospice, home care aide, and novelty items.
- Additional Subscriptions to CARING: Included in your membership benefits is a subscription to CARING, NAHC's award-winning monthly magazine. For those agencies wishing to receive extra copies of this informative monthly, NAHC offers members a special discount of only $45 for additional subscriptions.
- Caring Photography: Photographs can tell a story. Talented NAHC photographer Matthew Barrick creates images that show the compassion and commitment to caring that is the foundation of hospice and home care. The photos bear witness to the daily trials and tribulations of caregivers, their patients, and families. Chances are we have something within our thousands of stock images that will suit your needs. All our images are available for purchase and are sold on a usage basis, with NAHC members receiving substantial discounts off the list price.
- NAHC Video Production Department: NAHC's in-house Video Production Department stands ready with reduced rates for members' video needs. NAHC can lower the high cost of producing your own video projects. Our team of specialists can create professional videos to use in promoting your agency on television, in meetings, or to potential customers. The Video Department will sit down with you, put together a script, and create a commercial - all at a substantial savings.
Professional Certification and Accreditation
As a NAHC member, you are able to tap into a special resource created to uphold and promote the values, standards, and essence of home care's rich heritage. NAHC seeks to create and promote excellence in home care and hospice education, credentialing and research for the advancement of home care and the betterment of society. To accomplish these goals, NAHC conducts accreditation programs, certification programs, workshops, distance learning courses, and online learning tutorials through IBM.
- Accreditation Program for Home Care Aide Services: This nationally recognized accreditation program for home care aide services is designed especially for the non-Medicare certified agency that provides homemaking, personal assistance, and supportive care services to clients in their place of residence. Twelve basic standards address all aspects of the organization and serve as a model for an organization to deliver quality personal assistance and supportive care services.
- Certified Home/Hospice Care Executive (CHCE): CHCE certification is available to eligible individuals in home care/hospice leadership positions. This includes executives and managers in provider organizations and those serving in related organizations such as consultants, accreditation and regulatory surveyors, and state home care associations. Certification is a sign of commitment to your profession as a home care or hospice executive. It communicates pride in your work and dedication to being fully versed in all of the areas of executive management required to effectively run a home care or hospice agency.
- Certification for Home Care Aides: The Home Care Aide Certification Program establishes national standards for preparation of home care aides. Since its inception, the program has certified over 25,000 home care aides nationwide. The program is composed of three competency-based elements: training, skills demonstration, and a written examination.
- The Home Care Aides Code of Ethics: A Workshop: This workshop is designed as an in-service or continuing education program for home care aides. Workshop materials include an instructor/facilitator's guide and fourteen case situations designed to facilitate application of the Code of Ethics through interactive group discussion. Also included are ten frameable copies of the Code of Ethics developed by the Home Care Aide Association of America and Home Care University, a workshop attendance roster, and certificates of attendance.
- Distance Learning Courses: Programs were developed in cooperation with MGI Management Institute. For over 30 years, MGI has been a leader in continuing education for medical practitioners, managers, and engineers. Each program includes a manual, instructor support through a toll-free number, continuing education credits, and a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
Discounts on all NAHC Meetings and Conferences
One of the best opportunities for professional and personal
development is at NAHC's conferences and meetings. Each event is planned with
you in mind, examining issues, trends, and recent developments affecting you.
With most events offering continuing education for nurses and accountants,
NAHC's meetings and conferences provide for an uplifting gathering for caring
professionals from around the country. NAHC members will receive
discounts on all these meetings, including:
- NAHC Private Duty & Human Resources Summit
- National Policy Conference and IS Expo
- Home Care Financial Management Conference and Expo
NAHC's Annual Meeting and HOMECARExpo
At the largest gathering of home care and hospice professionals,
attendees have a unique opportunity to network with their peers from around
the United States and the world, hear pre-eminent professional speakers, and
participate in cutting edge educational programs. An important component of
the Annual Meeting is the HOMECARExpo, displaying state-of-the-art goods,
services, and technology from hundreds of home care and hospice vendors. A
highlight of every Annual Meeting is the inspirational speakers who excite
the entire Meeting during the daily General Sessions.
Throughout the year, NAHC schedules workshops to address emerging issues affecting home care and hospice providers. Throughout 2000, NAHC conducted a series of intensive one-day workshops on PPS. All NAHC workshops are designed to provide you with the latest news and information to assist you in operating more efficiently and effectively under new circumstances. Members are informed of scheduled workshops through NAHC Report, special mailings or faxes, and posting on the NAHC Member Network listserv.
Additionally, NAHC conducts numerous teleconferences throughout the year. In the convenience of your office, NAHC brings to you the experts and specialists on home care and hospice to provide insights on the latest trends and developments. To participate, all you need is a telephone. With a speakerphone, you can invite as many of your staff into a conference room to benefit from the presentation. As with the workshops, members are informed of scheduled workshops through NAHC Report, special mailings or faxes, and posting on the NAHC Member Network listserv.
The Latest Products and Services at the HOMECARExpo
NAHC members never need a map to find treasures because NAHC gathered them all at the HOMECARExpo, the most diverse product, service, and technology showcase for the home care and hospice community. Held in conjunction with NAHC's Annual Meeting, HOMECARExpo brings together the leading companies displaying their latest developments in more than 60 product and service categories, from accounting services to urological products. In our business-casual, no-pressure atmosphere, you'll be able to network with vendors to learn the most about their services and how their cutting-edge technologies can assist your important work.
Home Care Job Exchange
Are you looking for a CEO, administrator, occupational therapist, or home care aide? NAHC members are able to recruit great new employees through the Home Care Job Exchange, an on-line recruitment resource. Receiving nearly 2,000 hits per month, the Home Care Job Exchange is the most useful recruitment medium for home care providers and hospices. NAHC members are able to list available positions at an incredible discount.
Complimentary Membership in NAHC's Affiliate Organizations
WNAHC established several unincorporated affiliates, whose mission is to provide issue-specific advocacy in those areas. Each affiliate provides a forum for a segment of the home care and hospice community interested in a common set of issues, connecting those individuals for the promotion of the affiliate's specific issues and to share information amongst themselves. NAHC members are able to join any of the following affiliates at no additional cost:
- Pediatric Home Care Association of America
- Home Care Aide Association of America
- Voluntary Home Care Association of America
- National Association for Physicians in Home Care
- Hospital Home Care Association of America
- Home Medical Equipment Association of America
- Proprietary Home Care Association of America
Providers around the world are developing new approaches and new concepts to serve patients in the home and, with a NAHC membership, you can tap into their approaches. NAHC members receive free reciprocal membership in the Canadian Home Care Association and the European Association of Care and Help at Home. Also, NAHC members receive a reduced membership rate in the World Homecare and Hospice Organization (WHHO), a dynamic network of global leaders and organizations dedicated to the interests of all patients, providers, home care associations, public and private sector agencies, hospices, and personal services practitioners. Sharing new ideas is a great opportunity to review your current operations and procedures to insure you are conducting business in the most efficient and cost-conscious way.
NAHC provides the home care and hospice community with a number of different methods to network with their colleagues, comparing notes on what strategies and programs worked and which approaches were counter-productive. This communication makes it easier for NAHC members to care for and provide higher quality services to their patients. NAHC often hears how uplifted members were following conversation with their peers through vehicles provided by NAHC. From a small gathering to a large meeting, NAHC is connecting the home care and hospice community together to share common experiences with one another.
Set the Direction of the Association and Shape the Destiny of the Entire Community
NAHC is an ideal shared by home care and hospice professionals across the country-providing the highest quality of care for each patient as if they were a loved one. NAHC is a unique membership-driven organization, where the direction and focus is set by members, not staff. Each member is encouraged to volunteer their insights and expertise to benefit all members. NAHC members are setting the course for the entire home care and hospice community by setting the direction of the leaderNAHC.
Exhibit for less
An important component of each conference and meeting is the exposition, featuring the latest products and services offered by you. Allied members of NAHC receive generous savings for booths or tabletop displays at all NAHC conferences and meetings. Several of NAHC's Expos offer exhibitors the opportunity to host user group meetings and in-booth educational sessions, providing you with a great way to discuss current and prospective clients' needs. For more information, go to the "Exhibiting Section."
Discounted advertising rates
Gain market share and visibility in the home care and hospice community by advertising in any of NAHC's periodicals and on our World Wide Web site with Allied members receiving a substantial savings of 20-25% over the nonmember rates. Make sure your products or services will be considered by decision-makers that rely on NAHC's outstanding publications for late-breaking news and information. Get even more coverage by promoting your message in NAHC meeting programs. For more information go to the "Advertising Section."
50% discount on mail list
NAHC has the most comprehensive list of agencies providing home care and hospice services in the United States. The mailing list includes nearly 22,000 private, governmental, and hospital-based home care agencies, hospices, and home care aide organizations nationwide. The list includes both NAHC member and nonmember agencies and boasts a return rate of less than five percent. Moreover, executive directors are listed as the key contact in 75% of the database records. Allied members can purchase the mail list at a convenient 50% discount. For more information go to the "Mailing List Section."