NAHC to Hold 2014 Board Election in October
In the month of October 2013, the NAHC membership will have the opportunity to vote for their representatives who will serve on the NAHC Board in 2014.
To ensure continuity, the NAHC bylaws specify that half of the NAHC Board is up for election every year. Any NAHC member in good standing, which includes having their dues fully paid, can run for election to the board or to the nominating committee, the latter which will choose candidates who will run in the election of 2014. The winners will make up the NAHC Board and will take office in January 2015.
The NAHC Board has the responsibility to set policy for the organization, to recruit new members, and to monitor NAHC’s financial performance.
The following positions are up for election this October:
- Vice Chairman
- Director, Region I (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
- Director, Region III (DE, DC, MD, PA, VA, WV)
- Director, Region V (IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI)
- Director, Region VII (IA, KS, MO, NE)
- Director, Region IX (AZ, CA, HI, NV, American Samoa, Guam)
- Director, Hospice Provider Section
- Director, Official Section
- Director Pediatric Section
- Director, Proprietary Section
- Director, Voluntary/Nonprofit Section
- Director, Forum of State Associations Section.