IN FOCUS: The FY2015 Hospice Payment Rule — Gear Up for Policy Changes!
Part 1 — Timeframes for Filing of NOE/NOTR
Late Monday, August 4, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule governing hospice payment for fiscal year (FY) 2015: Medicare Program; FY 2015 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Rate Update; HospiceQuality Reporting Requirements and Process and Appeals for Part D Payment for Drugs for Beneficiaries Enrolled in Hospice. PLEASE NOTE: this link will no longer work after publication of the final rule in the Federal Register, which is scheduled for Friday, August 22.
The rule includes final payment rate information for the forthcoming federal fiscal year. It also finalizes some key hospice policy changes and reminds hospices that other, previously-announced changes will become effective on October 1, 2014. If hospices have not previously begun to prepare, they are advised to do so now.
Imminent hospice policy changes addressed in the final regulation are as follows:
- Timeframes for Filing the Notice of Election (NOE) and Notice of
- Termination/Revocation (NOTR)
- Timeframe for Hospice Cap Determination and Overpayment Remittance
- Addition of the Attending Physician to the Hospice Election Form
- Coding Guidelines for Hospice Claims Reporting
- FY2015 Final Payment Rates
This article provides in-depth focus on policy changes related to timeframes for filing the NOE and NOTR. Future articles will address other forthcoming changes.
:: Read Full Article