New Emergency Preparedness Pre Conference Workshop to Answer Your Questions
NAHC 2016 Annual Meeting Conference and Exposition, October 23, 2016 in Orlando, Florida
This interactive workshop, which places special emphasis on home-based care (including home health and hospice home and inpatient care) will assist agencies in understanding and executing the four major components of the regulation, which are:
- Developing an Emergency Plan (ALL HAZARDS APPROACH): Providers must develop an emergency plan using an all-hazards approach focusing on capacities and capabilities that are critical to preparedness for a full spectrum of emergencies and disasters.
- Establishing Organizational Policies and Procedures: Providers must develop and implement policies and procedures based on the emergency plan and risk assessment.
- Developing and Maintaining a Communication Plan: Providers must develop and maintain a communication plan that complies with both federal and state law. Patient care must be well-coordinated within the facility, across health care providers and with state and local public health departments and emergency systems.
- Conduct a Training and Testing Program: Providers must develop and maintain training and testing programs, including initial and annual trainings, and conduct drills and exercises or participate in an actual incident that tests the plan.
OBJECTIVES: At the conclusion of the session attendees will be able to:
- Conduct a risk assessment (hazard vulnerability assessment)
- Describe home health and hospice providers’ role in local healthcare coalitions
- Secure a GETS/WPS card for communication during an event
- Define surge capacity , patient classification, and patient transportation levels
- Identify key areas of the organizational disaster plan that require revision or enhancement
SPECIAL NOTE: PACE programs are welcome to attend as this session is applicable to PACE as well.
Faculty: Barbara B. Citarella MS, RN, President, RBC Limited Healthcare & Management Consultants, Staatsburg, NY
Barbara Citarella is the CEO, President, and founder of the award winning national company RBC Limited, a healthcare and management company specializing in healthcare operations including home care and hospice. She has worked extensively with agencies in the areas of infection control, disaster preparedness, corporate compliance, accreditation, strategic planning and leadership.
To learn more, click here. To register, click here.