Less Than Two Months Away!
The leading event for CEOs, CFOs, and financial management professionals is BACK! Experience 28 immersive sessions and top-notch networking while enjoying the best NOLA has to offer. Learn More & Register.
NEW Study Released Today!
Hospice Care Contributed to $3.5 Billion in Medicare Savings in One Year. Read the report and learn more.
Just Released: Industry Report and Call to ActionAn important new report to confront the workforce crisis! Learn more.
NEW! Hospice Resource Developed for Patients & Families
The Center for Medicare Advocacy and NAHC have jointly developed this resource to assist you in this process. Explore Medicare hospice services, location of care, payment and coverage, and more. DOWNLOAD TODAY!
Home Care Workforce Action AllianceThe Home Care Workforce Action Alliance is working to solve the workforce crisis that threatens access to quality home care for millions of Americans. This is a big problem that requires help from all stakeholders. Learn more!
Support Diversity & Inclusion in Home Care & Hospice
In our mission to embrace diversity and promote a culture of inclusion for the home care and hospice community, we are taking the next steps. Visit our new Diversity & Inclusion webpage today to learn more about our new Task Force and the actions we are taking. Learn More
Missed Our Annual Conference Last Fall?Enjoy dozens of sessions on-demand from your desk. Get your discount code in the NAHC Community here.
Save the Date: The Premier Home Health & Hospice Event!
You won't want to miss this year's high-impact conference — learn strategies to stay competitive in today's evolving landscape from trailblazers and business leaders. Registration is set to open mid-June. Learn more.
- HHFMA/NAHC Medicare Advantage Webinar Series, Part 3: TACTICS Jun 5 at 12:25 pm
- NAHC Comments on the CMS Proposed Hospice Payment Rate Update Jun 5 at 12:24 pm
- NAHC Asks CMS to Extend Medicaid Access Rule Comment Period Jun 2 at 2:15 pm
- HCS Home Care/Hospice Salary & Benefits Studies Underway Jun 2 at 1:19 pm
Explore All that NAHC Has to Offer
COVID-19 Resources for Home Care & Hospice
As we continue to deal with the effects of the COVID-19 public health emergency, as with any other newly identified virus there is much to learn about the disease process, mode of transmission, incubation period, symptoms, and treatment. We developed an extensive resource page to keep you informed and up-to-date.
Resources Page | Vaccine Resources | Communications Guide | PPE Supplier Listing
HHFMA/NAHC Webinar Series: Medicare Advantage: Tactics – Part 3
Tuesday, June 6 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
Home Care providers are struggling with the impacts of shifting the Medicare-eligible population into Medicare Advantage Managed Care plans (MA Plans). Forward-looking providers are asking important questions, such as: What are the implications of current demographic trends? What operational and financial issues should providers expect as their payer mix shifts to mostly Managed Care? Will providers have a future in a world where MA Plans also offer home-based services and products?
This webinar will offer the tactics you need to land a win-win MA partnership.
- Joe Calcutt, CFO, Liberty Home Care
- Erin Masterson, Associate Principal, Consulting, Simitree
- Angela Huff, Managing Consultant, FORVIS
- Bart Bybee, Chief Financial Officer, Healing Hands Healthcare
Price (Per Webinar):
- HHFMA Members: FREE [Get your coupon code in the HHFMA Community]*
- NAHC Members: $99
- Non-Members: $199
Medicare Advantage Pre-Conference
If you’ve followed our Medicare Advantage Webinar Series, you maybe be Interested in the Pre-Conference at #FMC2023. We’re bringing in experts who’ll breakdown critical aspects of MA and you’ll hear directly from a leading payor. Learn more and register.
Home Care Industry Update
Thursday, June 15 | 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
Register now for the Polsinelli, The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC), and Home Care Association of America (HCAOA) for a legal update tailored for the Home-Based Care Industry (home health, home care, and hospice providers). We will be discussing the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) recent proposed access to care rules which would, among other things, require at least 80% of all Medicaid payments (under both Fee For Service and Managed Care delivery systems) for HCBS services be used towards compensation for direct-care workers and the call to action for provider advocacy.
We will also get you up to speed on two new federal laws affecting pregnant women and new working mothers: Providing Urgent Maternal Protections for Nursing Mothers (PUMP) Act and the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA). Panelists will also review lingering COVID-19 legal issues associated with the end of the federal public health emergency, including the status of CMS’s vaccine mandate, state vaccine mandates, and OSHA’s vaccine standard.
Finally, we will review recently passed and proposed state legislation including New York’s recently expanded protections for lactating employees, New York City’s brand new prohibition on height and weight discrimination, the proposed SWEAT bill (involving personal liens for allegations of wage theft), and proposed Connecticut legislation which would alter state oversight of home care agencies.
Providers who will be impacted by the CMS Medicaid Access Rules should contact Damon Terzaghi at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the survey and return no later than June 16.
*Confirmation email, calendar hold and login link sent directly via Zoom.
- Overview of new proposed CMS Medicaid access rules and call to action
- Summary of requirements of new PUMP and PWFA Acts affecting pregnant women and working mothers
- Status update on home-based care related COVID-19 vaccine mandates and OSHA rules
- Summary of recent passed and proposed state legislation affecting the industry
- Bill Dombi, President, NAHC
- Vicki Hoak, Executive Director, HCAOA
- Sean Schwinghammer, Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer, SurfMed, PMHC
- Angelo Spinola, Home Health, Home Care & Hospice Chair, Polsinelli
- Will Vail, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Damon Terzaghi, Director of Medicaid Advocacy, NAHC
Your Zone of Genius Starts at #FMC2023
July 16-18, 2023 | New Orleans, LA
The 2023 Financial Management Conference is where financial leaders find their zone of genius! The CEOs, CFOs, and financial management professionals who attend have spent years learning and building their expertise – but #FMC2023 is where you come to get inspired!
Join us to discuss the latest innovations and solutions, onsite demos, networking, certification opportunities, and more.
With 28 immersive sessions, 3 pre-conferences you can add to your registration, and an open forum, prepare yourself to solve tomorrow’s biggest challenges. You can tailor your sessions and create your track to get the most out of your experience. Leaders on the frontline of transformation in financial management and leadership are heading up our exciting programming. They are eager to answer your questions and help you meet your goals.
Invest in yourself, your organization, and your career.
Sessions | Pre-Conferences | The Expo | Hotel & Location
Fall Advocacy Day
September 19-20, 2023 | Washington, D.C.
Save The Date
Each year, our most engaged members and industry friends touch down in our National Capital to advocate with lawmakers for support of the care-in-the-home community. The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) tracks critical legislative, regulatory, and policy issues that affect our members to ensure you’re on top of what’s ahead. Your concerns are our priority!
Advocacy Day is where we need your help to advance policy by joining us for a day on Capitol Hill and participating in our grassroots efforts virtually through our online Action Center.
You will have the opportunity to meet with Members of Congress or their legislative staff to advance issues facing our growing and evolving industry. This is a chance to share your story with legislators, and ask that they back policies to bolster your capacity to continue providing high-quality home-based care to patients and families.
Bring your thoughts and ideas on issues like…
- Stopping devastating payment cuts for home health providers
- Demonstrating the value of the hospice benefit to Medicare
- Advancing targeted hospice program integrity solutions
Come to sharpen your voice on issues that matter most to you. It’s the perfect opportunity to share your real-world experiences and data demonstrating how home care and hospice benefit your community.
Plus, Advocacy Day participants find great value in strengthening relationships with their elected officials, as well as networking with like-minded colleagues. Advocacy is one of our GREATEST member benefits—take advantage of it by joining us in Washington, D.C. Congress needs to hear from YOU!
- September 19 – Briefing on logistics and policy priorities with NAHC staff and Hill visit scheduling contractor (Soapbox Consulting) to prep you for your congressional meetings.
- September 20 (Scheduled Appointments) – Head to Capitol Hill to meet with your members of Congress and urge them to help with these vital issues.
Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health
700 2nd Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
Soapbox Consulting (NAHC’s Hill meeting contractor partner) will coordinate scheduling meetings with your Senators and Representatives. If, for some reason, you prefer to schedule your meetings yourself, please let us know by reaching out to Calvin McDaniel (email@example.com) or Davis Baird (firstname.lastname@example.org) on NAHC staff.
Registration is required and is set to OPEN July 10, 2023.
NAHC also recommends you book your travel and accommodations as soon as possible (note – there is no designated hotel for those attending this event).
NAHC in the News
- Home Care Groups: Industry Needs More Time To Review ‘One Of The Most Impactful Proposed Rules’ In Medicaid HCBS History Jun 2 at 5:37 pm
- A healthcare option that saves money — and much more Jun 2 at 12:29 pm
- Providers meet HCBS quality measure proposal with mixed review May 31 at 1:25 pm
- Hospice providers ask CMS for ‘retroactive adjustment’ to previous payment updates May 31 at 1:25 pm