Registration is NOW OPENRegistration is NOW OPEN for the 2022 Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo this October in St. Louis, Missouri! Join us for 3 career-driven days of top-tier educational sessions and industry events. Learn more.
Book Your Hotel NOW! Room Block ExtendedRegister for the 2022 Financial Management Conference (FMC) by June 21, 2022 to get early bird pricing. Join us for 2+ days of learning, sharing, and networking with the best in the industry. Check out our testimonials from past attendees.
Home Care Workforce Action AllianceThe Home Care Workforce Action Alliance is working to solve the workforce crisis that threatens access to quality home care for millions of Americans. This is a big problem that requires help from all stakeholders. Learn more!
Support Diversity & Inclusion in Home Care & Hospice
In our mission to embrace diversity and promote a culture of inclusion for the home care and hospice community, we are taking the next steps. Visit our new Diversity & Inclusion webpage today to learn more about our new Task Force and the actions we are taking. Learn More
- Important Hospice Quality Reporting Reminders Jul 1 at 2:12 pm
- New Webinar: Home Care Industry Update Jul 1 at 1:19 pm
- Summary of the CMS Open Door Forum on June 29 Jun 30 at 4:45 pm
- Why MAC Legacy Supports the 2022 Financial Management Conference Jun 30 at 1:31 pm
Explore All that NAHC Has to Offer
COVID-19 Resources for Home Care & Hospice
As we continue to deal with the effects of the COVID-19 public health emergency, as with any other newly identified virus there is much to learn about the disease process, mode of transmission, incubation period, symptoms, and treatment. We developed an extensive resource page to keep you informed and up-to-date.
Initiating a Hospital at Home Program: Financial and Operational Considerations – Part 2
Thursday July 7, 2022 at 2:00 – 3:00 PM ET
The second webinar will focus on Hospital at Home operational considerations such as the clinical skill and key partnerships needed to provide a H@H program.
- Summer Napier, CEO Healing Hands Healthcare, LLC
- Colleen Hole, VP Clinical Integration and CNE at Atrium Health Medical Group
- Patrick Kneeland, VP Medical Affairs at Dispatch Health
- Moderator: Sue Payne, Home Care Strategies Advisor, Corridor
- Moderator: Sarani Doshi, VP Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis at VNS Health
NAHC Members: FREE
Thank You To Our Sponsor:
Home Care Industry Update: A Legal Webinar Series
Thursday, July 14 | 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET
Please join Polsinelli, The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC), and Home Care Association of America (HCAOA) for a legal update for the Home-Based Care Industry (home health, home care, and hospice providers).
We will provide a substantive overview of the latest state and federal legislative and regulatory developments impacting our industry, including a new Home Care Workforce Action Alliance initiative, new government investigations focused on non-solicitation and “no poach” provisions in client service agreements, and recent union organizing activity.
We will also provide an analysis of how some agencies are combatting rising labor costs by leveraging meal and lodging credits for live-in care and mitigating the impact of costs associated with rising gas prices.
Finally, we will discuss the parameters and best practices for obtaining Employee Retention Tax Credits and mitigating the risk of a future assessment of IRS penalties.
- Legislative updates on non-competes/non-solicits and government investigations related to no-poach and direct hire provisions in client agreements
- Updates on union organizing activity
- Use of 3M credit to defray cost of live-in services and strategies for addressing travel costs in light of rising gas prices and labor costs
- Updates on IRS activity around ERC tax credits and risk mitigation strategies
- Bill Dombi, President, NAHC
- Vicki Hoak, Executive Director, HCAOA
- Denise Delcore, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Angelo Spinola, Shareholder & Practice Co-Chair, Polsinelli
- Will Vail, Shareholder, Polsinelli
Paid Time Off: Creating and Structuring a Benefit Program to Recruit, Retain, and Reward
Thursday, July 14, 2022 | 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM ET
Many of us take paid time off for granted, but most home care field staff do not receive this benefit so they don’t get paid if they’re not working. Offering this highly desirable benefit is one way to reward employees, distinguish your company from your competitors, and enable you to attract better employees who are loyal and highly motivated. Some states have already adopted paid sick leave programs and that trend is expected to spread, so this could be the perfect time for your agency to get ahead of the government, as well as your competition. Join Private Duty Home Care at NAHC for this lively and informative discussion with a top employment industry expert.
- Sick time, vacation time, or PTO – how to structure time off to best benefit your organization and your staff
- Mental health/personal days – why they’re important and what you can do to implement them easily
- How rewarding staff that works can lead to long-term staff retention and loyalty
- Greg Henderson, Human Resources Outsourcing Manager at Whirks
- NAHC Members: Free
- Non-members: $49
Thank You To Our Sponsor
2022 Financial Management Conference (FMC)
July 24-26, 2022 | Las Vegas, Nevada
The 2022 Financial Management Conference, sponsored by the National Association for Home Care & Hospice and the Home Care & Hospice Financial Managers Association, is tailored for financial professionals in home health and hospice. This platform attracts top executives in the industry—while highlighting the responsibilities, processes, and strategies for effective financial management.
FMC is centered on delivering value to your organization, focusing on efficiency, budgeting, benchmarking, operations, ROI, and more. Comprehensive educational sessions will cover the industry’s most pressing topics and issues, so you’ll leave equipped to contribute to your organization immediately. We’re bringing you the best experts and practitioners in the industry to present you with new insights that will answer your burning questions
This event is an investment for you and your organization. Make those valuable connections needed to take your career and organization to the next level. There is something for everyone.
We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas this July!
2022 Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo
October 23-25, 2022 | St. Louis, Missouri
Registration is set to open in late June
This year, we want to celebrate one of the most meaningful touchstones of our industry — connection. At the Home Care and Hospice Conference and Expo, we’ll explore ideas around connection and community to help attendees reach their stakeholders in authentic and meaningful ways.
New technology, workforce developments, and the importance of high standards in quality care continue to push our community of clinicians and providers to revamp their strategies and skillsets. This event is the meeting point for you to uncover groundbreaking ideas, discover new interests, and network with industry pros.
Meet us in St. Louis, Missouri, once known as the “Gateway to the West.” So, it is perfectly centered to make those connections even easier for members and attendees from all ends of the U.S. We look forward to linking up with you this October!
- Tax Credits for Aging in Place Jul 1 at 12:03 pm
- The Uncertain Future of Hospice Certificates of Need Jun 30 at 1:14 pm
- What Data Should VBID Hospices Be Tracking? Jun 29 at 7:39 pm
- Home Health Industry Pushes Back on CMS Budget-Neutrality Methodology for PDGM Jun 27 at 1:03 pm