In-Depth Home Health & Hopspice Education
Join us in December for the Home Health and Hospice Boot Camps. These workshops are designed for financial professionals who want to sharpen the skills and knowledge needed to improve the management of their home health or hospice financial operations in this changing environment. Learn more
The Best Value in Home Care & Hospice
NAHC is the leading trade association for home care and hospice patients and their families – and for professionals like you – and we need your support to ensure that the home takes its rightful place at the center of American health care. Join or Renew Today
Recognizing the increasingly, interconnected nature of private duty home care with other segments of home health care, hospice, and the larger healthcare continuum; the Private Duty Homecare Association (PDHCA), with support and guidance from our Advisory Board, has made the decision, effective immediately, to transition PDHCA to become Private Duty Home Care at NAHC- a fully incorporated service line of NAHC. Learn More
Beginning January 1, 2021 home health agencies will be required to submit a request for anticipated payment (RAP) that will be paid at 0%, prior to each claim. Learn More
Advocate for the Future of Home Health Care!
NAHC is proud to serve as the unifying voice for home care and hospice but we need your help to extend our reach and spread the word to lawmakers across the nation. Stop by the NAHC Advocacy Center, our grassroots advocacy tool, to find the resources you need. Become an Advocate Today!
- Study: Medicare Home Health Benefit Not Sufficient to Meet Needs of Post-Acute Beneficiaries Dec 1 at 1:45 pm
- New NAHC Webinar: Hospice Boot Camp Dec 1 at 1:05 pm
- Reporting Requirements for Home Health & Hospice Affected by Hurricane Laura Nov 30 at 3:16 pm
- New NAHC Webinar: Home Health Boot Camp Nov 30 at 3:15 pm
Essential COVID-19 Tools & Resources for
Home Care & Hospice
As we continue to deal with the effects of the COVID-19 public health emergency, as with any other newly identified virus there is much to learn about the disease process, mode of transmission, incubation period, symptoms, and treatment. We developed an extensive resource page to keep you informed and up-to-date. Learn more
Advocate for Home Care Workers on the Frontlines
Now, more than ever during the COVID-19 pandemic, home-based care has come to the forefront as a way to keep those at the highest risk for the virus at home while receiving the care they need under the watchful eye of a home care professional. Congress and federal agencies must take a series of steps to ensure retention and recruitment of a home care workforce with all available and proper safety equipment during the Public Health Emergency. Take action!
Hospice Boot Camp
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 ; 1:00-4:00pm Eastern
Getting back to the basics has never been more important as hospice continues to grow and mature as a health care program. This workshop provides an updated and thorough overview of the financial aspects of hospice, including a discussion of emerging national economic and policy changes, which will impact hospice operations, regulatory issues, and revenue-enhancing strategies.
This program is designed for Intermediate-Advanced hospice executives seeking to sharpen the skills and knowledge needed to improve the management of hospice financial operations in this changing environment.
This workshop will focus on:
- Compliance best practices;
- Election Statement & Addendum Updates;
- Updates on CMMI demonstration that carves in hospice into some MA plans;
- How to integrate communications between financial and clinical staff;
- Hospice staff strategies for improved productivity and case capacity;
- Hospice Cost Reporting – Accuracy in Level of Care Costing;
- Hospice cap calculation updates – how to monitor during the year; and
- Essential benchmark data needed to manage a hospice agency.
(all times are in Eastern Standard Time)
1:00 – 1:45 PM – Compliance & Billing
1:45 – 2:30 PM – Financial & Clinical Management
2:30 – 2:45 PM – Break
2:45 – 3:20 PM – Cost Reports
3:20 – 4:00 PM – Benchmarking
- Melinda A. Gaboury, COS-C, Cofounder and CEO, Healthcare Provider Solutions, Inc. (HPS)
- Christine Lang, Director of Data Consulting, Simione Healthcare Consultants
- Dave Macke, MBA, CHFP, FHFMA, Shareholder and Director of Reimbursement Services, Von Lehman
- Mike Simione, Manager, Simione Healthcare Consultants
Hospice Boot Camp Only – Register
Both Home Health & Hospice Boot Camps – Register
Commercial support provided by:
Private Duty Home Care at NAHC Monthly Update
Marketing in the Age of COVID
Thursday, December 3, 2020 ; 3:00-4:00pm Eastern
Stephanie Johnston, President & CEO, Transcend Strategy Group
Jeff Salter, CEO, Caring Senior Service
Post-Acute Care: What is the Future Likely to Bring?
Tuesday, December 8, 2020 | 12:00-1:30pm Eastern
On Tuesday, December 8, NAHC will partner with the American Health Law Association for their presentation on “Post-Acute Care: What Is the Future Likely to Bring?”
The COVID-19 pandemic has profoundly disrupted the entire post-acute care sector, including the long term care, home health, and hospice industries. New financial pressures, regulatory changes, enhanced risk factors, and other marketplace and governmental pressures will continue to impact how post-acute care services are provided in this and the next decade.
A panel of experts composed of the top executives of the three leading associations representing the providers within these three industries will provide insights into likely future developments and the issues those developments will present health care lawyers and their post-acute clients. This webinar presents a rare opportunity to hear from the experts covering the entire post-acute care sector.
- Moderator: Harvey Tettlebaum, Partner, Husch Blackwell
- Edo Banach, CEO, National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Bill Dombi, President, National Association for Home Care & Hospice
- Mark Parkinson, President & CEO, American Health Care Association
Discounted Rate for NAHC members: $150 with promo code PAC120820
The New Home Infusion Therapy (HIT) Supplier Benefit
Thursday, December 10, 2020 ; 2:00-3:00pm Eastern
The 21st Century Cures Act provided for a new benefit that covers the professional services associated with Medicare Part B infusion drugs. The benefit becomes permanent on January 1, 2021, and will have significant implications for the home health agencies that provide Part B infusion services.
This session will review the genesis of the benefit, the Medicare coverage and payment policies, and details related to the billing requirements.
- Mary Carr, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, National Association for Home Care & Hospice
- 2020 Home Care and Hospice Conference Attendee: Complimentary
- Member: $45
- Non-member: $95
Home Care Industry Update:
Year in Review and 2021 Projections
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 ; 2:00-4:00pm Eastern
NAHC and Littler have partnered with the goal of assisting home health, hospice, and private duty home care providers in navigating the complex and ever-changing legal landscape. In this webinar, Angelo Spinola, a leading attorney for the industry, will present a high-level overview of major legal developments that have occurred throughout 2020.
During this event, he will provide a breakdown of the latest legislative changes concerning the COVID-19 response and the projected impact on the home care and home health industries after the presidential election outcome. Angelo will analyze the industry-specific employment practices projected to result in new lawsuits and outline the critical strategies and tools providers should leverage to reinforce compliance.
- Angelo Spinola, Shareholder, Co-Chair, Home Health and Home Care Industry Group, Littler
- William Vail, Special Counsel, Littler
- William A. Dombi, Esq. President, NAHC
The Event is Free, but Registration is Required!
Private Duty Home Care at NAHC
Winter Leadership Summit
February 23, 2021 ; Time: TBD
Save-the-Date for the first annual Winter Leadership Summit, a virtual meeting focused on Leadership, Education, Advocacy, and Innovation. This inaugural, one-day educational event is focused on our core service offerings, with content curated and cultivated specifically by and for the private duty home care community.
We are committed to empowering you and your organization through education, by consistently delivering the highest quality services and setting the standard for excellence in practice today and in the future.
With insight and advice from the most trusted and experienced experts in home care, the Winter Leadership Summit will be a must-attend event, featuring critical content you cannot get anywhere else.
Registration and more details will be available soon, so stay tuned.
We look forward to seeing you on February 23, 2021!
- Hospices Prepare for COVID Vaccine Roll Out (Hospice News) Dec 2 at 1:28 am
- NAHC Presents Boot Camps for Home Health & Hospice Executives (HomeCare) Nov 24 at 1:11 pm
- Election may bring positive permanent changes for home care, NAHC president says (McKnight's) Nov 13 at 2:17 pm
- CMS Refuses to Roll Back PDGM Behavioral Adjustment (HomeCare) Nov 2 at 1:16 pm