Next Steps for Your 2023 NAHC Membership
We are still busy as your chief advocate! Continue to work and grow professionally with NAHC by renewing your membership before the end of the year. Let's continue the work together. RENEW TODAY!
Join a NAHC Committee or Advisory Council for 2023!Get involved with a NAHC council or committee to gain leadership opportunities and increase your organization's profile in the industry. Give back to your profession in a meaningful way by lending your expertise. Apply by January 20, 2023.
NAHC/HHFMA Webinar Series: Medicare Advantage
Explore the impacts of shifting the Medicare-eligible population into Medicare Advantage Managed Care plans (MA Plans) with our NEW webinar series. Become an HHFMA member for $1 more than the cost to register and get the entire series FREE. Learn more.
NEW! Hospice Resource Developed for Patients & Families
The Center for Medicare Advocacy and NAHC have jointly developed this resource to assist you in this process. Explore Medicare hospice services, location of care, payment and coverage, and more. DOWNLOAD TODAY!
Get the FMC 2022 Digital Experience On-DemandGet access to the 2022 FMC digital experience through Home Care University on-demand, anytime and anywhere. Enjoy 29 educational sessions covering insights with data-backed business strategies. Learn more.
Home Care Workforce Action AllianceThe Home Care Workforce Action Alliance is working to solve the workforce crisis that threatens access to quality home care for millions of Americans. This is a big problem that requires help from all stakeholders. Learn more!
Support Diversity & Inclusion in Home Care & Hospice
In our mission to embrace diversity and promote a culture of inclusion for the home care and hospice community, we are taking the next steps. Visit our new Diversity & Inclusion webpage today to learn more about our new Task Force and the actions we are taking. Learn More
- Free Webinar on Submitting Injury & Illness Data to OSHA Jan 30 at 5:43 am
- NAHC/HHFMA Webinar Series: Medicare Advantage Landscape – Part 1 Jan 27 at 1:36 pm
- Physicians Practicing with an MBBS Degree Jan 27 at 1:30 pm
- Please Take Part in the 2023 Home Care Pulse Benchmarking Study Jan 26 at 2:21 pm
Explore All that NAHC Has to Offer
COVID-19 Resources for Home Care & Hospice
As we continue to deal with the effects of the COVID-19 public health emergency, as with any other newly identified virus there is much to learn about the disease process, mode of transmission, incubation period, symptoms, and treatment. We developed an extensive resource page to keep you informed and up-to-date.
NAHC/HHFMA Webinar Series:
Medicare Advantage Landscape – Part I
Tuesday, February 7, 2023 | 2:00 – 3:30 PM EDT
Home Care providers are struggling with the impacts of shifting the Medicare-eligible population into Medicare Advantage Managed Care plans (MA Plans). Forward-looking providers are asking important questions, such as: What are the implications of current demographic trends? What operational and financial issues should providers expect as their payer mix shifts to mostly Managed Care? Will providers have a future in a world where MA Plans also offer home-based services and products?
This session, the first in a Medicare Advantage series, will provide a foundational understanding of national and regional demographic trends and recent acquisition activity. We will hear payer and provider perspectives to understand key considerations that will shape Home Care providers short- and long-term plans.
Medicare Advantage Landscape (Part I) will:
- Review past trends and provide a forecasted view of the Medicare-eligible population on a regional and national basis, differentiating between fee-for-service and managed care enrollees.
- Identify major MA Plans on a national and regional basis, the trends these plans are experiencing, and their strategic acquisitions impacting Home Care.
- Contrast the health plan vs. provider perspectives in balancing quality, outcomes, and cost.
- Highlight areas requiring attention in the short-term to enable a successful Provider-Payor relationship and in the longer-term view to position Home Care for valued MA Plan partnerships.
Content Highlights Includes:
- Medicare demographic and MA Plan trends
- Strategic health plan acquisitions impacting Home Care
- Provider and MA Plan considerations
- Short and longer-term strategic planning framework
- Joe Calcutt, CFO, Liberty Home Care
- Wanda Coley, VP of Strategy, UnitedHealthCare Medicare & Retirement
- Lindsay Doak, Director, BerryDunn
- Angela Huff, Managing Consultant, FORVIS
- Erin Masterson, Consulting Director, SimiTree
Pricing (Per Webinar):
- HHFMA Members: FREE [Get your coupon code in the HHFMA Community]
- NAHC Members: $99
- Non-Members: $199
Become an HHFMA Member and get access to the entire series for just $1 more, plus all the other benefits that will help your career and organization thrive. Membership is open to current NAHC members and costs only $100 annually. Learn more.
2023 Growth Summit By Home Care Pulse
February 15-16, 2022 | 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
Have you registered for the 2023 Growth Summit yet? It’s a two-day virtual summit put on by our friends at HCP, and we’re excited to be part of the event. NAHC’S Kristen Wheeler, Executive Director, Private Duty Home Care, will be discussing The Latest on Legal Updates on it, and we hope you’ll join us too.
Here are some of the other sessions to be excited for:
- What’s Next for Home-Based Care Marketing in 2023
- 2023 Benchmarking Report Sneak Peek
- How to Foster a Culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- The Latest on Legal Updates
- How to Standardize Your Recruiting Process
Use our exclusive NAHC discount for $50 off. Login to the NAHC Member Community to get your exclusive discount for the 2023 Growth Summit put on by HCP! Learn from top CEOs and experts in this 2-day event.
We hope you’ll join us at the 2023 Growth Summit!
Telehealth Strategies for the Future
Tuesday, February 21 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
Telehealth has expanded rapidly across the health care continuum. When the patient is at the center of implementation and ongoing workflow, benefits of telehealth programs can create connectedness and optimization of health care resources. This program will explore real-life examples of telehealth as well as new ideas for the future.
- Define successful strategies for telehealth in home care and hospice
- Discuss possible strategies for the future in telehealth
- Describe various technologies for telehealth
- Marcylle Combs, Moderator
- Rich Curry, Panelist
- Daniel Kevorkian, Panelist
- Steve Peterschmidt, Panelist
- Tina Null, Panelist
- Members: FREE
- Non-Members: $99
Long Term and Post-Acute Care Law and Compliance
(formerly Long Term Care and the Law)
March 1–3, 2023 | New Orleans, LA
Hear Insights on Regulatory Changes, Operation Management, Transactions, and Compliance
Nursing facility, assisted living, and home health audiences won’t want to miss this year’s sessions, which focus on cutting edge issues that are front and center within the post-acute continuum. Registrants can attend these sessions in person and then watch sessions they miss on demand after the program. Attendees also have the opportunity to engage with colleagues during the networking opportunities available during and between sessions!
Explore the full schedule for this exciting and informative meeting, where leading in-house and outside lawyers, compliance officers, consultants, and other advisors for the long term care industry will be presenting on legal, compliance, and operational issues faced by providers.
NAHC members who are not AHLA members save $175 on the entire program at registration. In addition, NAHC’s President Bill Dombi will give a Home Health Legislative and Regulatory Update on March 3. Register and book your hotel by February 7 for early bird discounts. Learn more.
NAHC’S Bill Dombi will speak on Thursday, March 3 at 9:45 am and 1:45 pm:
Home Health Legislative and Regulatory Update (HH)
- The 2023 Medicare home health payment rule updates
- Nationwide expanded Medicare Home Health Value Based Purchasing Demonstration
- Hospice quality of care survey and sanction reforms
- Hospice claims oversight
- Hospice business practices under review
- 2024 MedPAC recommendations on home health and hospice reforms
- Status of home care expansions in Medicare
- Impact of PHE end on home health and hospice waivers by CMS
- Provider groups optimistic about retooled HCBS bill Jan 29 at 11:33 pm
- Impending onset of Medicare home health clawback payments gnaws at providers Jan 29 at 11:32 pm
- While Other Home-Focused Legislation Waits, Better Care Better Jobs Act Gets New Life Jan 29 at 11:30 pm
- HCBS funding is back on Biden’s radar, NAHC president says Jan 24 at 2:15 pm