Please join the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) on September 11-12, 2017, as leaders and advocates for home care and hospice gather in Washington, D.C. to make our voices heard in the halls of Congress.
NAHC and advocates for home care and hospice scored a huge success with the first two events in March and June and we are confident we can do it again in September. Leaders in our industry gathered at the Frederick Douglass Museum on Capitol Hill for briefings and refreshments before converging on Congress to meet in the offices of hundreds of legislators, educating Senators and Representatives and urging them to adopt common sense policies that will enable Americans to age at home with dignity.
Since the last March on Washington, home care and hospice advocates have scored a number of important victories, including:
- Medicare Home Health Face-to-Face Physician Encounter/Certification Reform (H.R. 2663)
- Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act (S. 445/H.R. 1825)
- Medicare Home Health Rural Add-On (S. 353)
- Enact The Patient Choice And Quality Care Act of 2017
- Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act (S. 693 / H.R. 1676)
- Restoration of the Fair Labor Standards Act Home Care Overtime Exemptions
- Medicaid Reforms: Per Capita Caps and Community First Choice
- Topics to be Ready to Present if Raised by the Congressional Office
Clearly, your advocacy during the March on Washington worked! The best way to build on this momentum for policies friendly to home care and hospice is to continue to do what works. The best advocates for home care and hospice are the hard-working people delivering those services to millions of Americans every day. Your Senators and Representatives care what you think and your message is powerful.
Another way to build support for home care and hospice is to invite your Senator or Representative to go on a home visit with you this year. Our goal is to get all 100 Senators on a home visit before the 2018 elections. (Here is more information on how you can do that. NAHC can help.)
We look forward to seeing you in our nation’s capital for the March on Washington in September!