NAHC Private Duty Home Care Certification
The NAHC Private Duty Home Care Certification is the only national certification created by private duty leaders, exclusively for the private duty community. The certification offers providers the opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to quality and service delivery excellence through formal certification.
Private Duty Home Care Certification requires each agency location to conduct a comprehensive examination relating to nineteen (19) separate but interrelated aspects of business and operations. Agency locations are required to submit documentation and an attestation statement showing adherence to all Certification program standards in each category to be reviewed by dedicated private duty home care staff at the NAHC.
The standards of certification were developed by private duty home care industry leaders. Many of these leaders serve on the NAHC Private Duty Home Care Advisory Board, Advocacy Council, and NAHC Board of Directors. In addition, the NAHC Private Duty Home Care Certification Program has been modeled after elements within the NAHC Private Duty Accreditation program, and successful state certification programs in Massachusetts and California developed by The California Association for Health Services at Home and the Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts.
BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
Through NAHC Private Duty Home Care Certification, agency locations distinguish themselves from their peers and demonstrate that they meet high standards of quality, safety, and credibility, practicing at the top of the industry.
A successful NAHC Private Duty Home Care Certified agency:
- Demonstrates your commitment to quality and service delivery excellence in private duty home care.
- Provides a competitive edge to you and your private duty home care business demonstrating to stakeholders your commitment to practicing at a higher level and may positively enhance your ability to secure new business through referral sources, contracts, or other means.
- Demonstrates that you hire and train quality, trustworthy caregivers with due diligence who receive appropriate training and skills assessments before providing care and services to clients and families.
- Enhances your ability to attract and retain the best talent within a highly competitive talent market.
- Receives use of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice Private Duty Home Care Certification logo within the outlined parameters of logo licensing agreement for the duration of Certification.
- Special designated listing on NAHC’s website and agency locator as a Private Duty Home Care Certified agency location for the duration of Certification.
PRIVATE DUTY HOME CARE CERTIFICATION COST
Private Duty Home Care Certification is offered complimentary for all NAHC members. Non-members incur a $750.00 fee for certification that must be paid with the submission of their application. The National Association for Home Care & Hospice reserves the right to evaluate and update this fee on an annual basis with notice.