COVID-19 Legal Changes Webinar Series
COVID-19 Legislative Update and Recommended Operational Guidelines for the Home Care Industry
Thursday, April 16, 2020, 12:00-1:30 pm Eastern
The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) will be co-hosting a weekly webinar series with Littler Mendelson and the Home Care Association of America (HCAOA) on legal and regulatory changes caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of the webinar series is to provide the industry with substantive updates and shed light on advocacy efforts.
This home care industry specific training will provide an update on the latest legislative response to the COVID-19 pandemic and how they may impact your agency. You will hear the latest developments related to the proposed Heroes Fund, the $250 Billion infusion into the Payroll Protection Program, the status of pandemic assistance unemployment claims under CARES and much more.
We will also review industry recommendations developed with input from several of the nation’s leading home care providers that your home health and home care agency may want to consider as it develops policies and procedures to protect its workforce, patients and clients in unprecedented times. We will review the latest guidance from the CDC regarding the use of masks and quarantine protocols, recently modified OSHA guidance related to supply shortages for N95 respirators, and the FDA’s recently updated list of authorized emergency-use respirators for health care providers.
We will help to answer the following questions:
- How do you know if you are ready to care for someone with COVID-19?
- How about someone who is just on quarantine? What policies and procedures should you have in place before you dive in?
- What do you need to say to your clients and caregivers?
- How do you protect your employees when the PPE supply is at a critical stage?
- Are gowns and face shields required for all workers?
- How do you decide whether a direct care worker is safe to see a COVID-19 person?
- And what do you do when your workers contract COVID-19?
- How do you protect the agency from wrongful death and other liability claims?
- Should you use liability waivers?
- These questions and more will be addressed!
And finally, as always, we look forward to your advance questions. They will help us guide the presentation to address the most common issues. We will give priority to those questions posed via the registration page during the presentation itself but will also do our best to follow up with answers to all of your questions even if we are not able to do so during the presentation itself.
FREE to attend!
- Angelo Spinola, Shareholder, Littler Mendelson
- Bill Dombi, President, NAHC
- Vicki Hoak, Executive Director, HCAOA