NAHC COVID-19 Town Hall
Vaccine Hesitancy Among Caregivers
Part I: Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Part II: Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Part III: Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Part IV: March 31, 2021
NAHC has been at the forefront of COVID-19 education with our Town Hall series of webinars. Now that we have vaccines, it is critical to convince home care and hospice caregivers to take the vaccine to keep themselves and their patients safe. Once again, NAHC is calling upon the leaders and problem-solvers in our community to educate, inspire, and spread best practices.
NAHC has invited clinical experts from Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Androscoggin Home Healthcare + Hospice, Dignity Health, and others to answer a series of tough questions about vaccine hesitancy among caregivers (see below) based on their first-hand experience.
- How are you navigating vaccine hesitancy among your workforce?
- Is your organization mandating vaccines?
- If not, are you offering an incentive to vaccinate staff?
- What are your plans if your clients/patients decline visits from unvaccinated staff?
- How are you addressing with your staff online misinformation about the vaccine and historical mistrust of the medical system?
- What is the vaccine uptake at your organization?
- Have you had to counter erroneous rumors about serious side effects?
- Are you administering shots by way of an external vaccination site or are you doing in-house vaccinations?
February 17: Androscoggin Home Healthcare + Hospice
- Kenneth Albert R.N., BSN, Esq., President & CEO
- Leann Sebrey, R.N., BSN, MSc, Chief Clinical Officer
- Tina Charest, R.N., Occupational Health
- Shelli Pelletier, R.N., Transitional Care
- Dr. Elizabeth Hart, M.D., Director of Medical Services
February 24: Dignity Health
- Kathleen Sullivan, PhD, RN, Vice President, Post Acute Care, Dignity Health CA Central Coast Division
- Ed Lowe, BSN, MBA, MHA, Senior Director, Home Care Services, Dignity Health CA Central Coast Division
- Michelle Oliver, MSN, RN, Director, Home Health, Dignity Health CA Central Coast Division
- Nanor Darakdjian, AGNP-BC, Clinical Manager, Transitional Care Center, Dignity Health CA Central Coast Division
March 24: EvergreenHealth & MercyRockford
- Brent Korte, Chief Home Care Officer, EvergreenHealth Home Care
- Denise Schrader, Vice President Care Continuum, MercyRockford Health System
March 31: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
- Mary Myers, BSN, RN, MS, President/ CEO
- Mitra Gavgani, Pharm D, Vice President, Pharmacy Services (Community, Infusion and Specialty)
- Penny Carey, Senior Director of Respiratory Therapy/Home Medical Equipment
- Dawn Hohl, PhD, RN, Senior Director of Transitions and Patient Experience
Note: You only need to register for the Town Hall series once to gain access to future events.