Final Hospice Survey Reforms: Implications for Providers
Friday, November 5, 2021 – noon to 1 p.m. EASTERN
In late 2020 Congress enacted significant changes to the hospice survey process, including creation of a “Special Focus” program for poor performing hospice providers, expansion of the remedies that CMS can use to penalize seriously deficient hospices, and requirements that CMS make survey findings publicly available. As part of the Final Home Health payment rule for CY2022, CMS issued final rules governing these sweeping changes. During this session, experts from the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) will discuss CMS’ finalized plans for implementing the reforms.
- Outline CMS’ plans and the timing for implementation of the reforms
- Share available information related to CMS’ planned updates to the hospice survey process
- Identify ways that hospice providers can prepare for this wide array of changes
- Theresa M. Forster, Vice President for Hospice Policy & Programs, NAHC
- Katie Wehri, Director of Home Health & Hospice Regulatory Affairs