NAHC COVID-19 Town Hall – Part III
Creative Leadership Lessons Throughout the Pandemic: Addressing Patient Isolation, Caregiver Vaccine Hesitancy and Supporting Staff
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
NAHC has been at the forefront of COVID-19 education with our Town Hall series of webinars. Now that we have vaccines, it is critical to convince home care and hospice caregivers to take the vaccine to keep themselves and their patients safe. Once again, we’re calling upon the leaders and problem-solvers in our community to educate, inspire, and spread best practices.
Topics that will be discussed in the following:
- Addressing Patient Isolation at SNFs.
- Addressing Moral Distress
- How are you navigating vaccine hesitancy among your workforce?
- Is your organization mandating or incentivizing vaccinations?
- Addressing misinformation and historical mistrust
- What are your plans if your clients/patients decline visits from unvaccinated staff?
- What is the vaccine uptake at your organization?
- Have you had to counter erroneous rumors about serious side effects?
- How are your staff members getting vaccinated? (external vaccination site or in-house?)
- Supporting staff during and after the pandemic.
- Tying staff support to patient care and business continuity.
- Denise Schrader, RN, MSN, NEA-BC, Vice President Integrative Services, Mosaic Health System
- Kassie Hodge, RN, MSN, Director Hospice & Palliative Care, Mosaic Health System
- Brent Korte, Chief Home Care Officer, EvergreenHealth Home Care