Get the Inside Scoop on the 2021 Hospice PEPPER
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
If you’re a hospice provider, you know the PEPPER (Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Report) can serve as a comparative and educational report that can play an important role in your internal compliance program. The 2021 Hospice PEPPER will be released in early April, and this webinar is designed to provide education about the various PEPPER target areas and how to read the reports, as well as an explanation as to how the PEPPER can best be utilized. Further, the 2021 Hospice PEPPER contains an important new target area related to Part D drugs which will be detailed during the session. You will also receive important guidance for how to improve in the target areas.
Attend this webinar to:
- Explain how to obtain the PEPPER
- Discuss PEPPER target areas
- Interpret the PEPPER findings for your hospice
- Explain how the PEPPER can best be utilized by your hospice
- Annie Barnaby, CPC, CPCO, CRC, CASCC, Outreach and Education Specialist, Reli Group, Inc.
- Theresa M. Forster, VP for Hospice Policy & Programs, National Association for Home Care & Hospice
The FY2022 Hospice Proposed Payment Rule:
A Deep Dive into Its Implications for Hospice Payment and Quality
Thursday, April 22, 2021
Late April 8, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released its proposed FY2022 Hospice Payment Rule containing a wide array of new policies that may shape the hospice landscape for years to come. These changes include:
- revisions to the labor shares of the hospice payment rates;
- updates to the hospice election statement addendum requirements;
- inclusion of a new Hospice Care Index (HCI) as part of the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP);
- creation of a star rating program for the Hospice CAHPS;
- making some COVID-related blanket waivers permanent; and
- numerous other provisions.
The rule also seeks the public’s input on a number of issues related to quality measures and hospice care. During this session, hospice experts from NAHC will provide in-depth details on various aspects of the rule and insights into their potential impact on hospice payment and quality.
- Outline hospice payment changes resulting from the proposed rule
- Describe clarifications to the election statement addendum requirements
- Describe proposed changes to the HQRP, including addition of a Hospice Care Index Measure and star rating for hospice CAHPS, and removal of the seven HIS measures from Compare
- Provide an update on the HVLDL measure and development and implementation of HOPE
- Insights into potential future directions related to CMS’ approach to quality, including movement toward digital quality measures, potential application of IMPACT Act measures to hospice care, and closing the health equity gap in post-acute quality reporting programs
- Theresa M. Forster, VP for Hospice Policy & Programs, NAHC
- Katie Wehri, Director of Home Care & Hospice Regulatory Affairs, NAHC