Each year, the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) invites members from across the country to stand up and advocate for home care and hospice patients and providers across the country. This March 23-24, we invite you to come to Washington, DC for two days to make an impact for our community. Lending your voice to ours is the key to our shared success.
This year’s event will be held at the Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health, a futuristic learning destination featuring some of the most impressively immersive health-related displays and exhibits in America. It is located a short walk from Union Station, amidst some of the best hotels and restaurants in the city. The following day, attendees will attend scheduled meetings with congressional offices on Capitol Hill. Note: NAHC is not arranging congressional meetings this year.
2019 Advocacy Victories
Thanks to your support, in 2019 we:
- Secured the introduction of bipartisan legislation that would stop the proposed 8.01% rate adjustment in the new 2020 Medicare payment model for home health services;
- Provided extensive PDGM education and resources with the most expert faculty in the country;
- Advocated for hospice as the first voice in opposing moving hospice into the Medicare Advantage program;
- Attained a number of paperwork burden and red tape reductions in Medicare home health and hospice such as the changes to the hospice election statement requirements, permitting pseudo patients in aide competency testing, and efficiencies in patient rights notices;
- Continued the fight to modernize Medicare with proposed legislation that would permit non-physician practitioners to certify home health benefit eligibility; and
- Achieved legislation to allow hospice organizations to dispose of unused controlled substances in the home, thereby reducing opioid diversion.
You are the best advocate for the home care and hospice community and you and your staff are the hard-working people delivering invaluable services to millions of Americans in their homes each and every day. Your representatives care what you think and your message is extremely powerful.
The time is now to step up and take on the role of home care and hospice champion. Help protect our community— and your agency— and build essential relationships with the lawmakers who will serve as NAHC ambassadors.
We look forward to having you join us in Washington, DC where we’ll be beside you every step of the way and will provide you the tools you need to make your day of advocacy on Capitol Hill a tremendous success.
Who Should Attend?
All NAHC members are invited to join their colleagues on Capitol Hill to make an even greater impact on our current efforts on the Hill and to ensure our voice is heard by influential lawmakers.
- Monday, March 23rd
- Policy briefing and cocktail reception at the Kaiser Permanente Center for Total Health
- Tuesday, March 24th
- Advocacy Day – Meetings with Congressional offices on Capitol Hill (not arranged by NAHC)
How Do I Register?