PDGM Webinar Series Descriptions
PDGM Practical Overview
May 2, 2019 | 2:00-3:00 PM ET
Faculty: Sue Payne
Join us for the first HHFMA PDGM Overview webinar to ensure your agency is up to date on the basics of the PDGM model elements and their impact on providers! Whether you were able to attend a NAHC PDGM National Summits or not, the HHFMA webinar series will share more granular information on PDGM which can be used in educating agency staff. During this initial overview webinar, we will set the stage for the next HHFMA six webinars which will take a deeper dive into the clinical and operational areas that may require adjustment as we move into PDGM implementation in 2020.
- Provide brief history of PDGM model.
- Describe each of the components of the PDGM model and their potential impact on providers.
- Review objectives of future PDGM webinars (interdisciplinary, documentation/coding, operations, referral sources, and EMR readiness).
PDGM Operations Impact: Referral Source & Intake
May 9, 2019 | 2:00-3:00 PM ET
Faculty: Maria Warren
- Explain on key components of PDGM. [business development and intake staff]
- Evaluate current referral sources to determine admission source, primary diagnosis for home health, and how referrals are obtained for processing.
- Assess current processes to determine potential obstacles impacting timely completion of the referral and admission of the patient.
- Identify and maximize opportunities to strengthen referral source relations through PDGM education and key performance indicators of your patient population.
- Define roles and staffing needs under PDGM to streamline processes and gain efficiencies when on-boarding patients.
PDGM Operations Impact: 30 Day Periods, LUPAs, Supplies
May 21, 2019 | 2:00-3:00 PM ET
Faculty: Diane Link, Kimberly Skehan
Operational strategies are going to be imperative in order for agencies to be successful under PDGM. In this webinar we will dive into LUPA management and identify key operational strategies that can be implemented to track and manage LUPAs. Understand how order and supply management can be streamlined and identify ways that agencies can stay on top of the 30 day billing period cycle
- Identify billing processes including staffing ratios that will be impacted by 30 day billing cycle.
- Outline areas within operations to monitor related to order/supply management.
- Analyze key operation processes to evaluate and monitor with LUPA management.
PDGM: Coding / Documentation Review / Revenue Cycle
June 6, 2019 | 2:00-3:30 PM ET
Faculty: Melinda Gaboury
Join us for the HHFMA PDGM webinar focused on the impact to documentation review, ICD-10 coding, and your revenue cycle. All three areas will be significantly impacted – documentation requirements have not changed, however there will need to be urgency in getting the orders/documentation signed. Coding will become the ONLY means of classifying your patient clinically under PDGM, and the revenue cycle has been completely upended regarding billing and collections, as billing volume will double for patients that are on service for greater than 30 days. This webinar will do a deep dive into these three critical areas, vital to a provider’s clinical and financial operations.
- Discuss the need for improved efficiencies in obtaining physician orders timely.
- Outline the process of PDGM emphasizing documentation standards.
- Explain the Coding requirements under PDGM.
- Review the list of codes that will be allowed as primary diagnoses of the patients.
- Outline the process of calculating a comorbidity adjustment and the categories defining low and high adjustments.
- Explain the timelines for billing RAPs and Finals under PDGM.
- Review the calculation of the HIPPS code and how that will happen based on claims data vs. OASIS.
- Outline Cash Flow implications of PDGM.
Clinical Management of PDGM (Part I)
July 11, 2019 | 2:00-3:30 PM ET
Faculty: Karen Vance
Clinical Management of PDGM (Part II)
August 6, 2019 | 2:00-3:30 PM ET
Faculty: Karen Vance
PDGM: Electronic Medical Record Readiness
August 15, 2019 | 2:00-3:00 PM ET
Faculty: Matt Garcia
Is your Electronic Medical Record ready for PDGM? What should you be expecting from your EMR? What education and training has been provided to help you and your staff prepares for January 2020, and what should your expectations be of your EMR provider?
- Explain what you should expect from your EMR.
- Outline the EMR education required from your EMR provider for your staff to be successful.